Check out our latest recipes!
3 Delicious Ways to Make Crepes!
Crepes is the perfect meal to make, whether it’s for breakfast, or for dessert they never fail to satisfy those lovely taste buds! Today, we will be showing you 3 delicious crepes and how to make them! Seriously, it’s a MUST that you try making them this way!
The three crepes we will show you are; strawberry Nutella crepes, mixed berry ice -cream crepes and strawberry whipped cream crepes!
This Crepe recipe was taken from allrecipes.com:
This basic crepe is the super simple and easy to make. It makes for the perfect crepe allows you to enjoy it in many ways, whether it is in a sweet way or not!
Ingredients (Makes about 4-5 crepes)
1 cup of flour
¼ teaspoon of salt
½ cup of milk
½ cup of water
2 tablespoons of melted butter
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, warm milk and salt. Next mix in the melted butter, then add the warm water. Once mixed together, gradually stir in the flour until smooth.
- Over medium heat, use a lightly greased griddle or frying pan. Pour approximately ¼ cup of the batter onto griddle or pan for each crepe. Tilt pan in a circular motion as soon as batter is poured, so that the batter coats the surface evenly.
- Cook batter for about 2 minutes until it is light brown, then gently flip it over and allow the other side to turn light brown.
Mixed Berry Ice Cream Crepes
Delicious, is an understatement when it comes to this crepe. The burst of flavours from the berries, mixed with the cold vanilla ice cream, will have you begging for more!
½ cup of vanilla ice cream (or as much as you desire)
Icing sugar (optional)
For the mixed berry coulis:
1 cup of frozen (or fresh) mixed berries
¼ cup of sugar
2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- In a small pan, over medium heat, mix together mixed berries, lemon juice and sugar. Consistently stir the berries until the majority of them are melted, leaving small chunks of fruit in the sauce. Let it cool.
- Next, spread the vanilla ice cream on half of the crepe, then pour the cooled coulis over the layer of ice-cream.
- Fold in half, sprinkle icing sugar and serve immediately!
Strawberry Nutella Crepes
This is super easy to make and tastes amazing giving off that savoury taste of strawberries and chocolate in every bite!
Icing sugar (optional)
- Spread a thick amount of Nutella (or less if you desire) on half of the crepe, then place sliced strawberries on the part of the crepe that is covered with Nutella.
- Fold in half and sprinkle icing sugar on top.
- Serve immediately.
Strawberry whipped cream Crepe
If you love eating strawberries with whipped cream, then this crepe is the one for you! In two easy steps you can make this delicious crepe!
- Spread whipped cream on half of the crepe, then place sliced strawberries on whipped cream.
- Fold in half, sprinkle icing sugar on top, and serve immediately with extra strawberries to the side!
Which Way is the best?!
The Sweet Critic ranks the mixed berry ice-cream crepe as the best way to make crepes! The coulis had a bit of a tangy, sour taste to it, and mixed with the vanilla ice cream, was the best combination. However, don’t let the sound of the coulis being tangy and sour fool you! It was still sweet, which was what made this way our favourite way.
#1. Mixed Berry Ice Cream Crepe
#2. Strawberry Nutella Crepe
#3. Strawberry Whipped Cream Crepe
Comment below to let us know which way was your favourite!