Check out our latest recipes!
Chocolate Berry No-Bake Cheesecake
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and what better way to spread the love than with a chocolate berry no-bake cheesecake? That’s right, it’s just as amazing as it sounds.
No-bake desserts caused the internet to go wild. With the easy preparation and the amazing taste, people are desperate to try them out. As promised, we critiqued three no-bake chocolate cheesecake recipes from Mel’s Kitchen, Hershey’s, and Allrecipes, finalizing the best cheesecake according to ease and taste. As a result, we concluded that…
AllRecipes Chocolate Berry No-Bake Cheesecake is the winner!
Out of the three recipes, Allrecipes was able to fit the criteria of both tasting amazing and having an easy preparation process, thus ranking first place!
The recipe below can be found by clicking here: Allrecipes.
- 2 squares BAKER’S Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- 2 (8 ounce) pacakges PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 cups COOL WHIP DIPS Chocolate
- 1 OREO Pie Crust (6 oz.)
- 1 1/2 cups halved strawberries
- Microwave chocolate in small microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1 minute; stir until chocolate is completely melted. Set aside.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add chocolate; mix well. Gently stir in COOL WHIP DIPS. Spoon onto crust.
- Refrigerate 3 hours or until set. Top with strawberries just before serving. Store leftover pie in refrigerator.
CHANGES & ADDITIONS
- 2 cups of COOL WHIP Original, mixed with 2 tablespoons of melted Nutella
- Mixing it with chocolate pudding mix will work as well!
- This was a substitution for the COOL WHIP DIPS chocolate, as it was difficult to find.
- Sliced strawberries in three thin pieces and placed them as one layer onto the crust. After, spoon the batter on top of strawberries.
- Place sliced strawberries onto the cheesecake as well, starting from the outside and working your way in, placing them slightly on top of the other.
- Drizzled melted BAKER’s Semi-Sweet Chocolate over strawberries.
- Served with icing sugar sprinkled on the slice
Mel’s Kitchen No-Bake Creamy Chocolate Cheesecake vs. Hershey’s No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake.
Both Mel’s and Hershey’s recipe included making the crust from scratch out of chocolate or regular graham crackers. While making the crusts, we found that both processes were quite simple to follow. However, we don’t recommend making your own to beginners who are looking for an easy preparation, since it can be difficult making it for the first time.
In comparison of the cheesecakes, they were both similar, however they mostly differed because of two main ingredients. For instance, Mel’s recipe included sour cream and vanilla extract while Hershey’s used butter and whipped cream. The rest of ingredients for both were along the same lines of cream cheese, sugar and melted chocolate.
Among the two recipes, Mel’s recipe was more creamy and tastier while the Hershey’s cheesecake came out a bit too sweet. In terms of easy preparation, Hershey’s recipe was straightforward, including fewer steps making it easier to follow along. Mel’s recipe included more steps resulting in more work.
Overall, if you have more time to spare, we would recommend going with Mel’s recipe since it tasted better, ranking this recipe in second place out of the three.