Check out our latest recipes!
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chocolate chip cookies, the simplest yet best snack to indulge in to satisfy that sweet tooth. Who doesn’t love biting into that crunchy exterior only to meet the delicious soft, fluffy inside with the taste of chocolate melting into your mouth? Oh, and let’s not forget that cold glass of milk that just goes down so perfectly. It’s the classic chocolate chip cookies and milk that everyone enjoys!
This cookie is made with the traditional ingredients consisting of flour, brown and white sugar, butter, vanilla and of course, chocolate chips. With that being said, there are hundreds of recipes online guiding you how to make it which can be overwhelming when it comes to choosing one.
No need to be overwhelmed! The Sweet Critic is here to tell you which recipe is the best to use. As promised, we tested out three recipes from Hershey’s, Martha Stewart and allrecipes, finalizing the best chocolate chip cookies based on taste an ease. As a result the winner is…..
Martha Stewart’s Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Out of the three recipes we tried, Martha Stewart’s really hit the spot. It tasted like true homemade cookies with the texture being just as they promised in the tittle; soft and chewy! The preparation process was also very fast and simple to follow.
The following recipe can be found by clicking here: Martha Stewart
2 ¼ cups of flour
½ teaspoon of baking soda
1 cup of unsalted butter, room temperature
½ cup of granulated sugar
1 cup of packed light-brown sugar
2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon of salt
2 large eggs
2 cups of semisweet and/or milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Whisk together flour and baking soda in a small bowl and set aside. In a separate bowl, mix together the butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar on medium speed until it is light and fluffy. Add salt, vanilla and eggs and mix together until it is well mixed. (About 1 minute). Add the flour mixture gradually, and mix until it is combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoon-sized balls of dough, making the about 2 inches apart on the baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes, until cookies are golden around the edges but still soft in the center. Remove from oven and let them cool for about 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack to let them cool completely. Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.
- A bit more than 1/3 cup of granulate sugar
- 2/3 cup of packed light-brown sugar
These changes were made to lessen the sweetness of the cookies, and the results still came out great, you won’t miss the sugar you left out!
Hershey’s Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies VS. allrecipes Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
Both recipes resulted in great tasting cookies, making the comparison mostly based on the preparation process. For allrecipes, they included an extra step; although was still easy, we found was unnecessary. The step was to dissolve baking soda into hot water before mixing it into the batter. Compared to the other recipes, it didn’t make the taste or texture in the cookie any different from the others. Therefore for those reasons, we found it wasn’t necessary and only resulted in taking up more time for preparation. As a result, we prefer Hershey’s recipe over allrecipes’ one.
#1. Marth Stewart’s Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
#2. Hershey’s Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies
#3. allrecipes Best Chocolate Chip Cookies.